Pothole Repairs in Concrete
HD Concrete is a quick and easy application for Pothole Repairs in Concrete. Is it quick and easy? Yes! Is it durable and able to withstand heavy traffic? Yes!
HD Concrete is a unique, gray color, cold applied, single component patching material used for repairing potholes, spalls, cracks and other confined voids and distresses over 1
inch wide and greater than ½ inch deep, in Portland cement concrete and asphalt pavement, slab and deck surfaces. It can be used to repair roads, highways, streets,
airport pavements, parking lots, bridge and parking decks, sidewalks, walkways and floors.
HD Concrete is composed of a specially designed thermoplastic binder and a unique aggregate composition that produces an easy to use (DIY) durable patching material that is a gray color that matches cement, concrete or oxidized asphalt pavement. HD Concrete can be used in most weather conditions and will adhere in cold and damp conditions. What makes HD Concrete unique is that it requires no mixing, heating or special installation equipment. HD Concrete is easy to use and is works quickly while ensuring outstanding results. To use, HD Concrete is simply removed from the package, placed into the prepared area to be patched, leveled and then compacted.
HD Concrete is then ready for traffic immediately after compaction. No additional curing time is needed.
HD Concrete Features
• Fills voids and cracks immediately
• No system down time
• Easy impact application
• Blends with either concrete or asphalt
• Stable and flexible repair
• Pre-mixed package, quick DIY application
• No messy clean-up
• No cure time – immediate traffic access
• Can be applied during any season – works in all weather conditions
HD Concrete Installation
• The repair area is to be swept clean of all loose debris and blown clean before applying patching material.
• The repair area surfaces can be damp but should not have free moisture present during installation.
• The HD Concrete is removed from the Container and placed into the prepared repair area. For best performance, HD Concrete should be applied at least ½ inch in thickness.
For repairs from ½ inch to 2 inches thick, apply product in a single layer and compact.
• Repairs deeper than 2 inches should be filled in layers, from 1 to 2 inches thick, with compaction of each layer.
• The final layer should be placed approximately ¼ to ½ inch above the surface, and then be compacted to surface level with a hand or mechanical tamper or multiple passes from a vehicle tire.
• Compaction should be sufficient to produce firm material in the repair.
• Following compaction, any excess patch material is then cleaned up and the repair area can be opened to traffic.
Immediately after installation and compaction, HD Concrete will be a malleable material that will not be dislodged by traffic.