Pothole Repairs in Asphalt
HD Asphalt – Pothole Repairs in Asphalt
Material Amount – 50 Pound Kit
Part # – 505HD
Pothole Repairs in Asphalt
Pothole Repairs in Asphalt? The bad news is that they are very common and they won't fix themselves, only to grow bigger and deeper and become more of a nuisance over time. However, the good news is that the answer to this problem is here, and ready for action.
Can I Fix That Pothole?
Yes! You can repair wide cracks, potholes, and other voids quickly and completely in asphalt with HD Asphalt Pothole Repair. There are problems with failing asphalt everywhere and though it's annoying, it's not rocket science to fix these problems and perform any pothole repairs in asphalt - DIY. HD Asphalt is designed to patch utility cuts or fill potholes. From DIY residential to commercial and industrial repairs, HD Asphalt has the ease of use, as well as the strength and durability to be a great solution. Furthermore, HD Asphalt is specifically formulated for wide-ranging temperature and climate. HD Asphalt is strong and consistent, fully guaranteed against failure, as it performs like a champ the first time. Most applications, using HD Asphalt are completed within in minutes.
HD Asphalt Product Features & Benefits
• Works in all weather conditions: wet, cold or hot
• Approved, used and tested by utilities and states nationwide
• No mixing, mechanical compaction or tacking
• Cost effective with no messy clean-up or time constraints
• Adheres to asphalt, concrete or steel
• Perfect for bridge, drain, utility cuts and cutter work
• Patch will not release, eliminates milling before repaving
• Proven non-hazardous
• For use in all seasons
HD Asphalt Recommended Installation Procedures for Pothole Repairs
- Clean out the hole.
- Remove loose stones and debris from the hole. HD Asphalt will adhere to clean asphalt.
- Although HD Asphalt displaces water and maintains its tenacity to bond to old asphalt in wet conditions, it is important to remove excess water, especially in winter conditions due to possible ice build up underneath the surface.
- REMEMBER: The better the compaction, the better the result. Install and compact HD Asphalt. Shovel or pour HD Asphalt in sufficient quantity to fill the hole in 2” (5cm) lifts. Compact the material before adding additional material.
- Over-fill the hole to create 1/2” (1cm) crown to allow traffic to further compact the hole in some soil conditions.
HD Asphalt Recommended Installation Procedures for Concrete or Bituminous Surfaces
- Clean out the pothole or area to be repaired.
- Remove all loose debris, clean and square the edges, if possible.
- Larger potholes, or utility cuts, should be filled in no more than 2” (5cm) lifts, using HD Asphalt, available in bulk or in convenient 50 lbs. (22.7kg) containers.
- Compaction of each 2” (5cm) lift of HD is highly recommended. In some soil conditions, it may be necessary to place sufficient material to form a 1/2” (1cm) crown to allow for latent compaction by traffic.
- In soft sub-base conditions, settlement may occur and additional HP Asphalt can be added later to bring the repair to level with the existing pavement surface.
HD Aphalt User Guide: How Much Material do I Need?
50lb / 22.7kg container usage guide
Repair Area Size Depth Container Quantity per Repair
2’ x 2’ (.61m x .61m) 2” (5cm) 2
2’ x 2’ (.61m x .61m) 3” (8cm) 3
2’ x 2’ (.61m x .61m) 4” (10cm) 4
3’ x 4’ (.94m x 1.2m) 2” (5cm) 6
3’ x 5’ (.94m x 1.5m) 2” (5cm) 7
3’ x 3’ (.94m x .94m) 4” (10cm) 8
For Further Information and application tips, see the HD Asphalt Installation Guide.