ELASTASEAL Flexible Coating –
For applications that require a flexible coating, ELASTASEAL not only has an industry leading 1,600 psi adhesion strength, but it also has a 300% elongation properties. Although ELASTASEAL is often used as an all purpose coating, it’s also ideal for areas of heavy vibration, impact resistance surfaces and expansion joints. ELASTASEAL is a 100% solids, high grade, elastomeric epoxy system and flexible coating designed for applications requiring high elongation in moderate environments.
Coverage – 80 square feet at 20 mils thickness
ELASTASEAL Flexible Coating Benefits
* Offers excellent protection – Flexible Coating
• Excellent UV stability excellent impact resistance and corrosion protection
• Excellent flexibility – 300% elongation
• Liner over earth and geotextile
• UV stable – adjusts from freeze to thaw
• Works on all metal, fiberglass, stainless steel, concrete and wood surfaces
• 100% solids, free of solvents – NO VOCs
• Ideal for Cooling Tower Repair, Condenser Pans, Leak Repair, Tank Linings, Concrete Base Coats, Large Stress Cracks, Concrete and Metal Topcoat, Secondary Containment
Structures and Expansion Joints
Steel Immersion: SSPC-SP10 near white with jagged profile of 2.5 – 3.5 mils.
General Surfaces must be clean and dry. Remove all dirt, dust, oil and all other contaminant. You can use DX-ETCH to remove oil, grease, rust or soot on the surface for preparation.
Non-immersion SSPC-SP6 1.5 – 3.0 mils SSPC-SP2 or SP3 are suitable cleaning methods for mild environments.
Concrete or CMU Concrete must be cured 28 days at 75°F (24°C) and 50% relative humidity or equivalent. Prepare surfaces in accordance with ASTM D4258 Surface Cleaning of Concrete and ASTM D4259 Abrading Concrete. Voids in concrete may require surfacing. Mortar joints should be cured a min of 15 days. A primer DX-1100Concrete Primer is recommended for concrete surfaces to strengthen the substrate and prevent outgassing. This primer will cover 320 to 530 square feet at 3-5 mils thickness.
Link to ELASTASEAL Product Data
DX-1100 Concrete Primer
DX-1100 Concrete Primer is a 100% solids, low viscosity sealant designed to strengthen concrete surfaces for coating and sealing. It’s slow cure rate and hybrid, novolac chemistry allow DX-1100 Concrete Primer to deeply penetrate surfaces, which greatly enhances the long term performance of coatings and sealants. DX-1100 Concrete Primer is especially recommended for concrete applications because of it’s ability to eliminate outgassing and bubbles that are relative to concrete applications.
DX-1100 can be applied to green concrete as young as seven days based on ASTM F1869-10 with a moisture vapor emission of 10 lbs. or less per 1,000 square foot area in a 24 hour cycle. DX-1100 Concrete Primer is ideal for preventing hydrostatic pressure as well as increasing the adhesion to concrete with a deep penetration strength of 800 psi or greater. DX-1100 can be applied with a brush, roller or sprayer.
- Low viscosity, deep penetrating sealant
- Eliminates outgassing caused by traditional primers
- Increases adhesion to concrete due to deep penetration 800 psi or greater based on ASTM D4541
- Easy brush/roller/spray application
- Adheres to damp concrete
- 100% solids and entirely free of solvents and VOCs
Link to DX-1100 Product Data
DX-ETCH Cleanser for Concrete Prior to Flexible Coating
Sand blasting, grinding and sanding surfaces require equipment, supplies and difficult labor, while an easier, quicker solution can provide the same result. DX-ETCH Surface Prep works in minutes. Simply add the product to the surface, let it work its magic and then wash with water. The Surface Cleanser and Etcher solution eliminates time consuming clean-up and is furthermore a less costly alternative. Furthermore, the Surface Prep Cleanser and Etcher can be diluted with water. For dilution recommendations, refer to the Product Data.
- Cleans & Etches in One Step
- Enhances Coating and Paint Adhesion to Surface
- Mild Odor, Safe to Apply
- DIY – Works in Minutes
- Industrial Strength
- No Acidic Vapors
- Neutralizes Alkali Salts
- Works to Prep Sheet Metal Film
- Can be Diluted with Water
- Rust, Oil, Dirt, Soot
- Smut, Fines and Rust Inhibitors
- Form Release Compounds
- Heat Scale Oils
- Efflorescence & Laitance
- And More
Link to DX-ETCH Product Data
For further information regarding preparation and application for flexible coating contact Dynesic Technologies customer service at 972-692-0962.